SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wallenstein Tournament?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaditus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Wallenstein Tournament? Reply with quote

To be honest I am not sure if I like this game. This is the one SBW game where I have to spend a lot of time thinking about my move (in the action planning stage) and I occasionally defer making that move until a later session. In virtually all other SBW games I can make a move quickly (probably why I lose so many games Laughing ) but Wally can be a real brain burner.

However, as it shouldn't take me too much effort to set up, I thought I would offer to run a tournament along the lines of the Amun Re one's I currently organise.

We need 25 players to have a sensible 5 player structure, but could get away with a lot less if it was 4 or 3 player. I will make a decision on 5/4/3 player when I see the response.

So if you would like to be in the tournament, put your name down on this thread. You will end up with between 3 and 6 games against different opponents all starting at the same time. The top players in the table based on number of wins will go into a final (possibly semi final if numbers merit).
mongo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.
Wolfpack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in please
TMJJS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play.
Pompkin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure why not Smile
almondralf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN Very Happy
Zaui

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rusty, but I'll play.
lotsa blots

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Lotsa Blots is in: Thanks!! Reply with quote

Lotsa Blots is in. Thanks!!
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallenstein is the only game where I actually win occasionally...so I'm definately in! (Besides I actually do know how to play it)
Knave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine that the slower players would have a substantial advantage in this tournament. Wally allows direct targeting. Winning is often dependent on avoiding attacks, rather than personal success. A player who stalls at the beginning of the tourney, would then be able to target players effectively.

Just a thought..
Gaditus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knave wrote:
I imagine that the slower players would have a substantial advantage in this tournament. Wally allows direct targeting. Winning is often dependent on avoiding attacks, rather than personal success. A player who stalls at the beginning of the tourney, would then be able to target players effectively.

Just a thought..

Is that an in or out?
freduk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knave wrote:

Just a thought..

Some other games that allow direct targetting:
Bus, Hacienda, Reef Encounter, Santiago & Tikal. You could argue that Amun Re allows it to an extent. I think you might be safe with Hoity Toity though.

For the record, I'll sit this one out - too many games on the go (or about to start). Very Happy
klingone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play
Knave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freduk wrote:
Some other games that allow direct targetting:
Bus, Hacienda, Reef Encounter, Santiago & Tikal. You could argue that Amun Re allows it to an extent. I think you might be safe with Hoity Toity though.

I have not played Santiago or Tikal, so I cannot comment on those two games. In Bus, I haven't played that much, but while I think you can inconvenience one player more than another, it is hard to directly destroy another player.

Reef encounter has a very tight supply situation, so damaging an opponent will not be that useful unless you help yourself. Generally, there is only one opponent you can hit effectively.

In Wally, it is fairly easy to target any one individual, while at the same time enhancing your own position. Furthermore, attacks are crippling. Perhaps it is because I am not a good Wally player, but I find that my success depends directly upon how many times i get attacked over the course of the game.

And Graditus, it appears that I will be continuing in the 3 and 5 player Amun Re tourneys, so I am out here.
shampoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but I`ll play
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: