SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wallenstein - Province Lost and Regained in Same Movement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Major Sholto

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Wallenstein - Province Lost and Regained in Same Movement Reply with quote

Using Movement A, an opponent attacked and took over the province that I was going to tax...fortunately I had chosen a province next to it for my Movement A. I attacked and retook the province.

The Tax (Gold) phase came next and it said that I had lost the province and could not tax. Evil or Very Mad

Seems to me that taking the province back in the same movement phase should have reset the taxability of the province, since that hadn't been resolved yet. That's the way I would have played it on the tabletop version.

Bug? or Actual Game Rule?
willythesnitch

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say game rule. When playing face to face, you are supposed to give the territory card to your opponent when you lose it. When you get any province you aren't allowed to assign it, so I'd assume that you can't re-assign a province you have just re-gained.
Golux13

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is a game rule. Once a province is lost, any action assigned to that province is lost as well, even if the province is retaken.
Big Bad Lex

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup game rule. I suffered this. In the board game when you lose a territory you hand over the territory card. If you win it back, the card goes into your hand not back onto the players action board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: