SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem players
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
freduk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCat wrote:
You young whippersnappers should have been doing this back in the 1970s, when we were sending turns by postal mail. Expectations sure have changed.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Postal mail! You lucky lucky youth. why, I can remember having to chip out my instructions on a stone tablet and then walk for weeks in the rain and snow without any shoes, to hand-deliver my orders.
You tell that to the kids of today, and they don't believe you. Rolling Eyes
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play-by-pigeon-mail, or PBPM as we used to call it, had its own set of problems. It got better once the communication protocol was standardized; however, it's still less than perfect, and there's a considerable amount of overhead to deal with.
stargate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HappyProle wrote:
Play-by-pigeon-mail, or PBPM as we used to call it, had its own set of problems. It got better once the communication protocol was standardized; however, it's still less than perfect, and there's a considerable amount of overhead to deal with.

Myke --- that is very funny --
one of the best read's ever in a SBW forum post Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Golux13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think it's a joke? Not so.

And of course the Wi-Fly protocol has some problems (won't go through Windows, transmission speed drops to zero in the dark, etc.), so there's always Snail Mail, with demonstrated data transfer speeds nearly 25 times as fast as ADSL.[/url]
hemp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to close or delete a game in wich the current player won't do anything?
stargate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemp wrote:
Is there any way to close or delete a game in wich the current player won't do anything?

after 60 days of no activity the game becomes inactive and is transfered to the abandoned games list
magnusgb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it would be an idea to include in the profile statistics showing when a player usually makes the most moves.

For example, I can make several moves an hours during office hours monday through friday. Evenings and weekends I've got other stuff to do. It would be nice to e able to find players with similar habits.

But I guess the people running this site have other things to occupy themselves with.
stargate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnusgb wrote:
Maybe it would be an idea to include in the profile statistics showing when a player usually makes the most moves.

For example, I can make several moves an hours during office hours monday through friday. Evenings and weekends I've got other stuff to do. It would be nice to e able to find players with similar habits.

But I guess the people running this site have other things to occupy themselves with.

I play a few games here and contrary to "conventional wisdom"

playing with people who are 8 to 12 times zones away does
NOT mean slow playing games Smile

playing with people in your time zone does not mean fast games Sad

how fast a game is played depends of the speed of the players in the game Surprised

also in most games >> fewer players means a faster game
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true stargate ... however I'm hoping when my baby starts sleeping through that I will not be keeping such weird hours (I guess it would also help if I didn't always check my games after I fix the baby, even at 3am). Wink
stargate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebelslayer wrote:
Too true stargate ... however I'm hoping when my baby starts sleeping through that I will not be keeping such weird hours (I guess it would also help if I didn't always check my games after I fix the baby, even at 3am). Wink

it would be nice if a 3am diaper change could diminish your skills Smile
daveszum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Slow play vs. no play Reply with quote

Folks,

I think we have to differentiate between slow play and no play. I am definitely seeing a trend with some players who are just slow (Reddragon, etc) and some players who are clearly playing only those games that increase their winning percentage (Alexandro, Blue Gecko, etc). I do not have a problem with the former, but the latter should be eliminated from the site. I have inquired about this from Milksheikh today, and await a response. If the answer is that it will be handled, then that is fine. Otherwise, there is no choice but to adjust your strategy accordingly. I don't like it but I also am not the one running the site.......It is merely the rules of the terrain (paraphrased- Sun Tzu)
Khloe

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for update guys
Khloe

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty valuable for you
pamelawardtx

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Problem players Reply with quote

romefreak wrote:
Hello Fellow Wally Fans,

I am having some serious issues with what I deem to be irresponsible behavior: players who join a game and then go away for 2 weeks. By the way, I have no problem if this happens once or twice, but I certainly do have a problem if the exact same player does this multiple times—over and over and over.

Many young people are irresponsible in many ways. Young people are particularly irresponsible in matters of education. Many of them simply do not do their homework for a long time in all subjects and then come to the conclusion that before exams they do not have points and they have to do all their homework at one time to be admitted to exams. I usually advise using the cheap essay writing service buypapercheap.net/ that offers homework help to these students because it is quite difficult for students in this situation to cope with all the homework on their own. Many people ask the question of what does student government do and i always answer that it brings all students to the point that they do not understand the lessons, do not understand the material and can no longer do their homework on their own. Of course, there are days of self-government that have a positive effect on friendship in a team, but negatively on student performance.
Kandagor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the issue of abandonment has more to do not with the abandoners but the abandonees.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: