SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules Question: Supply 1/Move

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golux13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Rules Question: Supply 1/Move Reply with quote

I have been told that the 1 gold cost for the "Supply 1/Move" action applies only if you choose to supply an army -- i.e., that if you don't supply an army, you can move your armies around (non-combat only) for free. However, it appears that the SBW implementation, at least, charges the 1 gold regardless of whether an army is supplied.

I've looked at the rules at BoardgameGeek, and frankly, they are not clear to me. I had a carefully calculated endgame season come to naught because of being short 1 gold, presumably as a result of this confusion.

Can anybody confirm for me what the actual rule is, and if the SBW implementation has correctly interpreted it? Thanks.
artman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my opinion and may be over simplified, but if you just look at the action card, it shows 1 gold. I think you must pay 1 gold.
louplouop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surprising question !
I was surprised to read that the SBW implementation charges the 1 gold regardless of whether an army is supplied, because the only reason I had not to supply the army was no to be charged ! Of course.
Then I read carefully the rules in german and in french (I bought the game in german with a traduction of the rules in french too).
And at least in german the rule is realy clear: when the action is used (means the action is covered with a card), it should be paid regardless the option(s) is/are choosen.
And I think the german rules are the reference.
Golux13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we looked at the German rules, and as I understand it they basically say the gold must be paid if you assign the action to a province.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: