SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dice tower - newbie question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sid Hawkins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Dice tower - newbie question Reply with quote

I've just completed (and lost heavily!) my first Spielbyweb game of Wallenstein - and I am very impressed by its ease of use. I'm interested in what algorithm used for the dice tower. I suspect I may simply have been the victim of bad luck (as well as poor play!) but the battle results I suffered were quite different from my experience in face-to-face Wallenstein. The highlight being my 8 defending armies losing a revolt against 2 revolting farmers!!

Any comments/info?

Thanks
Golux13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Milksheikh has changed the algorithms, the way the tower works is as follows:

1. An army going into the tower has a 30% chance of getting stuck.
2. An army previously stuck in the tower has a 30% chance of being dislodged during any battle.

So to figure your odds in a battle, count each combatant's army going IN (including any in the cup) as 0.7 armies, and any that you know or can figure out are already in the tower as 0.3 armies.

Of course, as you learned, probabilities are funny things.
cpsof95

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I guess recycling is recommended to stop the global warming...

Anyway, here's my newbie question:
- we know the total number of armies in the game
- we know the number of armies each player has in the supply
- we know the number of armies each player has on the board

We can easily figure out the number of armies each player has in the tower, so why isn't this number shown anywhere?

What's the deal with the farmer armies? In board-game version you can see how many farmers come to the cup in the initial seeding. Why is this information hidden in SBW version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: